Great Lakes Region
The Pennsylvania Great Lakes Region is a cooperative effort between Erie, Crawford, Venango and Mercer counties to market the area for tourism and promote its economic growth.
- Promote and encourage tourism travel and convention activities.
- Attract activities, lodging accommodations, restaurants, state parks, museums and places of historical interest to further draw visitors to Northwest Pennsylvania.
- Create and assist in producing and disseminating promotional literature and information designed to inspire visits to our Region.
- Increase the scope and intensity of tourist development and promotion in Northwestern Pennsylvania.
- Connect interested parties with the individual destination marketing organizations in Erie, Crawford, Venango and Mercer counties.
About a million things to do
Crawford CountyCrawford County is a place to escape from Big Cities, traffic and long lines. Abundant outdoor activities, eight lakes, Pymatuning State Park, amusement park and tons of events and attraction to please all ages.
Erie CountyExperience AWEsome in Erie PA with Presque Isle State Park, Brig Niagara, museums, Waldameer Amusement Park, Splash Lagoon, wineries, breweries, unique shops and restaurants.
Enjoy tax-free shopping at Grove City Premium Outlets, The Winner, Wendell August Forge or experience exciting family adventure at Keystone Safari and Kraynak’s “Santa’s Christmasland” and “Easter Bunnylane”.
Venango CountyAs the “birthplace of the oil industry” and “the Valley that Changed the World”, the Oil Region National Heritage Area, which includes all of Venango County, is rich in history, outdoor recreation opportunities, and small town charm.
An affordable, accessible and fun family getaway.
Pennsylvania's Great Lakes Region is the perfect vacation destination filled with endless opportunities including amusement parks, casino, museums, shops, scenic byways and trails, vibrant nightlife and culture.
Escape to our great outdoors for adventures including boating, fishing, beaching, swimming, hunting, hiking, birding and camping amidst our natural beauty. Don't forget - some of the country's best shopping can be found here, with no sales tax on clothing or shoes.