Guides & Brochures
Get more details to plan your visit! Each county produces a magazine-style guide, available in hardcopy by request or for digital view and download here.
There is a reason we call this area the Great Lakes Region. For starters, the cool, calming lakes have shaped not only the climate but also the small towns and agriculture. From shipping ports to vineyards to hiking and biking trails this region in the western tip of Pennsylvania has a lot going on. Vacation Packet includes vacation guides to all four counties.
- Erie National Wildlife Refuge
- Presque Isle State Park
- Picturesque small towns of Mercer and Franklin with their inviting, tree-lined streets, Victorian houses and stately courthouses.
- Meadville Market House is where you’ll find farm-fresh veggies and fruits locally grown and sold
- Vineyards like Mazza Vineyards, Penn Shore Vineyards and Presque Isle Wine Cellars overflowing with sweet Concord grapes and tasty wines
- Presque Isle Downs and Casino where horseracing and slot machines is the name of the game
- Waldameer & Water World for rides and your favorite summertime treats
- Maurice K. Goddard State Park invites you to get back to nature
- Pymatuning State Park were you’ll find ducks walking on water in the Commonwealth’s largest reservoir
This brochure features four-counties; Crawford, Erie, Mercer and Venango.
- Four county Pennsylvania Great Lakes Region map identifying official bike and water trails
- Three official Water Ways in the region: Upper Shenango River Water Trail, Allegheny River Water Trail and French Creek Water Trail
- Access points for official waterways
- Boat and kayak rentals, water-related information sources
- Descriptions of major trails and hiking/biking-related events
- Bicycle-oriented and related web sites
- Listings of Bike Retail and Repair Shops
- Information on regional tournaments and events
We invite fishing enthusiasts to visit one of the Commonwealth’s hottest fishing areas. The guide provides a complete overview of fishing in Crawford, Erie, Mercer and Venango counties.
Highlights of the full-color 11-page guide include:
- Fishing map of locations of all lakes and rivers
- Editorial information on seasonal fishing peaks
- Northwest waters chart with lake acreage, stream miles, fish species and regulations
- Colorful photos
“PGLR provides quality fishing for a wide range of species year long. With so many options, it can be confusing which waterways are the best bets during particular seasons. This handy guide is concise information that a traveling angler needs for planning a trip to the region,” says outdoor writer Darl Black.